mercredi, décembre 26, 2012

Ikesha's Illustrated Book Of Pi


Ikesha was very taken up by the movie Life Of Pi. Being six years old, she could not read the novel so I agreed to write a simpler Life Of Pi for her to read if she would draw the story.

So here it is, 
Ikesha's Illustrated Book Of Pi
Original Story by Yann Martel
Illustrations by Ikesha




My Name

Pondicherry, India

Moving to Canada



The Storm

Pi escapes



Pi's crew

Richard Parker


 

 
The Moon



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Mexico


Goodbye Richard Parker

____________________________________


Between Mac, iPhone and JPG, I could not rotate those two illustrations so I left it until I can do something about it later. Blame it on blogger fatigue.



11 commentaires:

MamaTim a dit…

Hi Sis. 6 yr old? She's a talented illustrator, creative and wise beyond her age.

Not seen Life of Pi but friends reviewed it as awesome! Not read the book. Not been reading much now, bad eyesight turns worse with age :(

ninotaziz a dit…

Hi dear! Ikesha loves to draw. She has drawings of James and The Giant Peach, Tin Tin and Rise Of the Guardians.

I love the details that others might not see - the giant wave, the breaking apart ship. Pi's afro hair by the time they get to Mexico.

I had trouble with the circle on the blackboard, until Ikesha explained that was a circle with its diameter!

Movies and books - can't give up on them. My eyesight is suspect too. But I am short sighted. So reading is not too bad.

Sir Pök Déng a dit…

Haven't watched the movie yet. Have nobody else here to take me to the movie. I'm waiting for the DVD release.

ninotaziz a dit…

It was good. I think you need the big screen to appreciate it.

Can you tell me how long it took you to do your icon tu?

Sir Pök Déng a dit…

A wise man told me -- if you're excellent at writing and many people have already recognized your talent, even a stupid dot you jotted on a big piece of blank paper might bring the readers to a perplexed state. "The author might wanna tell us something. There might be some hidden message behind it." The truth is, you're too lazy to write and only a dot is all you can think of.

Now what is this Rodin's Le Penseur thing??

Do you wanna know how long did I take to craft the icon? Five minutes. And I did not know what Rodin's Thinker statue was.

Sherry Blue Sky a dit…

Ikesha, what a wonderful book you have illustrated. Now I cant wait to see the movie!

ninotaziz a dit…

Dear Sir Pok Deng,
Now I hope you have seen the picture of the Thinker by now. It is only the most iconic bronze sculpture I know.

ninotaziz a dit…

Dear Sherry,

She is rather proud of it. But she has moved on to draw other stories...like James and the Giant Peach.

Al-Manar a dit…

Book of Pi is beyond my age group! Try her on Sindbad the sailor or Si Luncai terjun dengan labu labu nya.

ninotaziz a dit…

Good idea, Pakcik!

KISLAYA GOPAL a dit…

Thats really sweet and good to see Life of Pi in pictures and in a summarised form.. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails