samedi, avril 28, 2012

NAGA

I would like to apologize to all my blogger friends. I have been totally away from the blogosphere for a while. The truth is I am consumed with writing my first ever novel. It is entitled NAGA and is just about finalized. The editing process is about to begin.

I would like to thank a few people who have helped me with this 'project', more like life-long dream. First and foremost, my Mum, Puan Kamariah Jaafar, who is still going through the whole manuscript, editing and adding many layers of detail, crucial to making this the story it is. Our late night discussions back and forth is a test to see whether we have thought through the storyline fully. Next, the 'brutal' Remgold from across the border, Cat-In-Sydney, Ayoh Wang , Pakcik from Al-Manar who will deny he had anything to do with this and Audrey Danasamy all the way in Ho Chi Minh City.

There is still quite a bit to be done. But please bear with me. In the meantime, here are some illustrations for the book, done by my dedicated and genius partner in crime, En Malek. I thank him from the bottom of my heart for his belief in my work and for interpreting my stories so marvelously. En Malek Rahim has done the illustrations for four of my books, and he still amazes me.

I know this list will continue to grow in the upcoming months - thank you Prof Ding Choo Ming from ATMA UKM, Mr Lim Beng Teck from Vision-plus, Fuzana from Utusan Publishers and Annie Maynard from XLibris.

Last but not least, thank you Rudy - the love of my life and best friend.

Some characters in NAGA

Her Majesty Po Inu Nagara

Prime Minister Po Gadeng


Copyright 2012 © zalina abdulaziz @ ninotaziz

8 commentaires:

remgold a dit…

eeks apasal muka PM tu macam muka hamba? heehee.
teruskan perjuanganmu!
bila nak siap buku ni? ish ish ish.

Sherry Blue Sky a dit…

WAY TO GO, Ninot!!!!! I am THRILLED to hear about this. It sounds wonderful, both the collaboration, the process of writing and editing and, soon, you will hold the wonderful result in your hands. You inspire me!

ninotaziz a dit…

Dear Sir Remgold,
Muka PM ni sepatutnya muka Anuar Zain masa tua tua. Kalau macam muka Sir Remgold, alhamdulillah. Handsome la tu. Tapi, as you know, ini watak paling jahat. Muka je lawa.

The book is done. But it would take about another two months. En Malek is furiously trying to finish the cover and illustrations. Editing is underway.

To be honest, I am shocked to find out it has only been two months since I started writing this book. Thank you for all your fabulous feedback!

ninotaziz a dit…

Dear Sherry,
Thank you ! It has been a lovely adventure for me. The storyline covers three countries and the journey has been amazing. But there is still a lot to be done.

Can't wait to have the book in my hands.

Wan Sharif a dit…

Ah.. The good news ... About to be finalised.. Alhamdulillah

ninotaziz a dit…

Dear Ayoh Wang,
Insyaallah. Can't wait to finish it!

Cat-from-Sydney a dit…

Aunty Ninot,
Am upset coz there's no cat in the story.....I don't dig dragons.. purrr.....meow!

ninotaziz a dit…

Cats,

next time I will do another story okay - entitled The Egyptian Cat.

Yes?

Related Posts with Thumbnails